Error binding port to ipv6 address

D'AVELLA STEFANO Stefano.DAvella at alcatel-lucent.com
Tue Feb 10 15:20:21 CET 2009

I don't have selinux installed on the machine, the only installed
package about selinux is the shared library libselinux1, so
I  don't think that is the problem. I am thinking that it is something
about the ipv6 config in ubuntu but I am not sure. What I am doing right
now is trying to backtrace the exact function that creates the problem.
I just started right now and I see that it is somewhere inside
listen_init() in listen.c. When I will get the exact function that it is
not working as it should be maybe there will be some more ideas about
what's going on...

No problem :)

Maybe a shot in the dark but is selinux enabled? check your logs to see
if any policies are blocking it or type 'echo 0 > /selinux/enforce' then
try to start it again.

--
Leigh

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 3:19 AM, D'AVELLA STEFANO