Cisco NAS and server side ip pool management

Thoralf Freitag thoralf.freitag at biotronik.com
Fri Feb 13 17:46:22 CET 2009

aaa new-model
aaa authentication login default local
aaa authentication ppp default group radius local
aaa accounting network default start-stop group radius
aaa authorization network default group radius

radius-server host <ip of radius> auth-port <authorization-port> acct-port
<accounting-port> non-standard key <secret>

A local ip pool is not used, if your radius sends a FRAMED_IP-ADRESS.
There is no difference if it is configured or not. Radius wins.
--
Thoralf Freitag
Manager Health Services System Administration

Phone:  +49 (0) 30 68905-4611
Cellular:+49 (0) 151 1631-4611
Fax:        +49 (0) 30 68905-2940
Mail:      Thoralf.Freitag at biotronik.com