Freeradius2.1.3 + Fedora9 + PEAP + AD = problem

Mike Loosbrock m-loosbrock at bethel.edu
Fri Feb 13 20:41:22 CET 2009

On Feb 12, 2009, at 8:06 PM, Casartello, Thomas wrote:
> I have exactly the same problem with Fedora 9 and 10 only. It works
> perfectly fine in Fedora 8 with the exact same configuration. I have
> spent
> hours trying to fix this, and could not figure it out.

Check the versions of your samba packages.

I'm running Debian and the exact same FreeRADIUS configuration works
with 3.0.24 (stable) but fails with 3.2.5 (testing). The failure is
such that the mschap module returns success, but the very last EAP-
MSCHAPv2 challenge sent by the server causes the supplicant (both
Windows and OSX) to bail. There's apparently something wrong with the
NT_KEY returned by ntlm_auth...

Mike Loosbrock
Bethel University Network Services
651-638-6723