Using Exec-Program-Wait for MOTP (mobile OTP) with MSCHAPv2

Fabiano fabiano at powerpc.ch
Sat Feb 14 22:53:05 CET 2009

Alan,

Thanks for your answer.
Can you point me to a document or website where the following mechanism
is described well ?

ie MSCHAPv2 Radius Client -> Freeradius does the MSCHAPv2 challenge ? ->
auth is delegated to external script receiving attributes like username
and password in clear -> external script gives the auth ok answer ->
Freeradius gives the auth accepted answer to the MSCHAPv2 Radius client.

The part I don't understand is how does this MSCHAPv2 auth work in
Freeradius, and how the external script could get the attributes when
the MSCHAPv2 challenge password is encrypted ? Does it mean that I have
to implement the MSCHAPv2 challenge auth by myself, entirely in the
external script ?

Concerning the cleartext password;
In your previous message, you say : "get it from somewhere" but I can'
figure out how...

Thanks a lot

Best regards

Fab