Grouping different kinds of clients and returning different attributes

David Bailey dr at baileynet.org
Mon Feb 16 17:05:27 CET 2009

Alan DeKok-2 wrote:

> Try unlang:
>
> authorize {
>
> 	if ("%{client:vendor}" == "cisco") {
>  	}
>
>   This says: look up the current client (for this request), and find the
> "vendor' entry.  If that is "cisco", then do... something.
>
>   It's a lot clearer to understand than the "users" file.

Do you have a complete example showing something similar that I could refer
to?

>From the documentation, it appears that the users file is the only place to
specify attributes to be passed back to the RADIUS client. I am not certain
what to specify in your example if statement. Am I adding an attribute here?
Where is it compared? The documentation appears unclear to me, but I may
have missed where it discusses these things.

Thank you for your assistance.