Fall-Through attribute, reply or configure item?

Damjan gdamjan at mail.net.mk
Tue Feb 17 00:34:59 CET 2009

> > But it isn't a real reply attribute isn't it? It's more of a configure
> > attribute like Cleartext-Password, right? So it should be used in a
> > check line with := (or radcheck DB table).
>
>   Theoretically, yes.  Practically, no.
>
>   There are 100,000 deployments on the server using the existing
> functionality of Fall-Through, along with lots of documentation.
> Changing it for the sake of "purity" is a waste of time.

Of course, I understand that.

I will be explaining Freeradius to some coworkers, including why we
have to use Cleartext-Password and about the := operator in check lines,
and somehow I came to Fall-Through that seemed like a configuration
item. I had to know exactly what's going on, so I can prepare better.

thanks.

--
damjan | дамјан
This is my jabber ID -->         damjan at bagra.net.mk
 -- not my mail address, it's a Jabber ID --^ :)