tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Wed Feb 18 12:28:47 CET 2009

>I am trying to configure free radius to work with our 28 NASs.
>These NASs are split into two groups, at different locations (equal
>split 14-14).
>ll NASs report NAS-IP-Address correctly (ie uniquely)
>Any device requesting authentication randomly connects to any one of the
>28 NASs.
>All devices are unique, and Calling-Station-ID is used to uniquely
>identify every device. There is no possible chance of multiple instances
>connecting
>Some devices *may* require require PAP/CHAP -- the default being ignore
>User-Name etc. This is configured on a device by device basis.
>Devices may require an alternative configuration using Called-Station-ID
>Furthermore, I wish to use MySQL, so that I can add new provisioned
>devices auto-magically, without needing to tell the radius server.
>I've a freshly compiled version 2.1.3, running on CentOS 5.3 -- That was
>by far the easiest bit! Many thanks for that.
>
>*Now the problem....*
>
>Each set of NASs requires a different Framed-IP-Address pool eg
>10.0.0.0/24 for site1, and 10.8.0.0/24 for site2 with Called-Station-Id
>= domain.com, and 192.168.110.0/26 for site1, and 192.168.110.128/26 for
>site2 with Called-Station-Id = domain.co.uk
>I'm using sqlippool to supply the IP.

I assume you have site1 and site2 NAS-IP-Address huntgroups. Users file:

DEFAULT   Huntgroup-Name == "site1", Called-Station-Id ==
"domain.com", Pool-Name := "10.0_pool"

DEFAULT   Huntgroup-Name == "site2", Called-Station-Id ==
"domain.com", Pool-Name := "10.8_pool"

DEFAULT   Huntgroup-Name == "site1", Called-Station-Id ==
"domain.co.uk", Pool-Name := "110.0_pool"

DEFAULT   Huntgroup-Name == "site2", Called-Station-Id ==
"domain.co.uk", Pool-Name := "110.128_pool"

I have some doubts that your NAS will send such Called-Station-Id. It's
probably Realm.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP