linking gdbm_compat in rlm_dbm

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Feb 18 12:47:19 CET 2009

Damjan wrote:
> I've noticed that the check that ./configure script does in order to
> find out if gdbm si used only tries to link with gdbm_compat.

  The rlm_dbm module is deprecated, and should not be used.

  All of the functionality is has is now available in the "files"
module.  That module was fixed in 2.0 to be very fast.  It was fixed in
2.1 to support dynamic reloads.  It has been tested with 100,000 entries
in the "users" file, and is sufficiently fast for most purposes.