FreeRADIUS EAP-TLS and SSL certificate chains

Meyers, Dan d.meyers at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Feb 19 12:29:54 CET 2009

> >My client is still giving the same behaviour of not getting the
> >certificate chain, however.
> >

> OK. So which certificate signed the client certificate?

Sorry, i'm still getting to grips with this system after the previous
admin of it left. I've adminned FreeRADIUS before, but never done any of
the EAP/PEAP/MSCHAP etc user auth with it. On my other system we are
using it for client MAC auth via perl modules.

I was incorrect about us doing EAP-TLS. We're doing EAP-PEAP, which does
not require a client certificate. My understanding however is that for
passing of the server certificate to validate our server to the clients
the options with the tls subsection of the eap.conf file are still used.

Apologies for any wasted time and/or confusion I caused :(

Dan