auth type as check item in users file

Luke technodolt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 20:36:29 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to check to see if the auth type is
mschap in the users file.  I can find tons of help on setting the
Auth-Type, but not a lot on how to compare it.

Additional background info:
I'm running 802.1x with two auth types, certificate based and mschap.
I have a default (meaning, no other checks performed) users entry to
assign anyone who authenticates but doesn't match a group entry
further up the file into a specific vlan.

However, if I'm going to add in certificate based authentication,
these will also hit that default setting, and I don't want it to... I
want the certificate based authenticators to not have a vlan assigned
to them by 802.1x.