SQLCounter configuration

Alexander Solodukhin alt at softwarium.net
Thu Feb 26 15:38:42 CET 2009

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 13:19:06 +0200, <tnt at kalik.net> wrote:

>>>   You need to put this in the "post-auth" section, "Reject" subsection.
>>>  See the example configuration files.
>>

>> /etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/default[412]: "SQL Counter" modules aren't
>> allowed in 'post-auth' sections -- they have no such method.
>>

> Don't put the counter there but the counter attribute:
>
> if(control:Counter-Attribute < 0) { ...

Sorry, i read mans and comments in config and try to do like you say but
it's not work as i need. I have sqlcounter:
sqlcounter noresetBytecounter {
         counter-name = Total-Max-Octets
         check-name = Max-Octets
         reply-name = ChilliSpot-Max-Total-Octets
         sqlmod-inst = sql
         key = User-Name
         reset = never
         query = "SELECT (SUM(AcctInputOctets)+SUM(AcctOutputOctets)) FROM
radacct WHERE UserName='%{%k}'"
}

post-auth section in sites-enabled/default:
     Post-Auth-Type REJECT {
         attr_filter.access_reject

         if (control:Max-Octets > 0) {
             update reply {
                 Reply-Message := "Traffic limit exceeded."

so, what exactly name must be in control: ? As you can see i try to put
Max-Octets, but seems that attribute simly loaded from mysql (even if
password wrong and no traffic overlimit occures there 'Traffic limit
exceeded.' error message returned) and it's always greater than zero. I
try counter:ChilliSpot-Max-Total-Octets but got:

Attribute control:ChilliSpot-Max-Total-Octets was not found

in debug. Sorry but i something missunderstand in general, please put me
on right way.

--
ISP CrIS, Softwarium