NLTM_AUTH (PAP) and MS-CHAP2 together?

Mike Diggins mike.diggins at McMaster.CA
Fri Jan 2 16:47:51 CET 2009

After getting NTLM_AUTH working using PAP, I decided to try the MS-CHAP2
as well and that appears to work, but I had to remove the line "DEFAULT
Auth-Type := ntlm_auth" from my users file. When I do that MS-CHAP2 works,
but PAP doesn't. I will have various radius clients, some of which support
MS-CHAP2, but some do not. How can I use both together? My users will be
connecting to both services, so defining a specific AUTH-TYPE for each
user won't work.

-Mike