problem with WLAN+MYSQL

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Jan 3 20:34:05 CET 2009

x03ml wrote:
> i have a litle problem here.
> I setup freeradius to work with mysql and an access point together.

  You are using a very old version of the server.  You should upgrade to
the latest version.
> Ready to process requests.rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host
> 10.10.10.251:1812, id=61, length=71
>         User-Name = "x03"
>         Framed-MTU = 1400
>         NAS-Port-Type = Wireless-802.11
>         EAP-Message = 0x0201000801783033

  Which is an EAP request.

>         NAS-IP-Address = 10.10.10.251
>         Message-Authenticator = 0x85068ed9e75d7bde97669e3960e6342f
>   Processing the authorize section of radiusd.conf
> modcall: leaving group authorize (returns ok) for request 0

  And there is no reference to the "eap" module.  This reference exists
in the default configuration even in older versions of the server.

  You have edited the default configuration, and broken it.  Don't do that.

> someone have a clue about this?

  Upgrade to the latest version.  Don't edit the configuration files too
much.

> thanks a lot
>
> if i ask for a test with radtest from a computer in lan i get success,

  Yes, because that's not an EAP request.