radiusd logs good passwords even when told not to?

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Jan 6 19:11:33 CET 2009

Hi,

> I have no need for a details log the data stored in /var/log/radius.log is
> more than sufficient for me.
>
> So by commenting out detail { } in the radiusd.conf file should stop this?

you will also need to remove the calls to that detail config in
various other places in the config.

> I know I'm running a ancient version of free radius.. sadly it's what RHEL
> came with and it's what we have as 'stable'. I'll look at upgrading but I'm
> afraid this is one of those wonderful 100% uptime required services.

aye - set it up on another server and then swap-over during a
pre-disclosed maintainance window.... we have 3 servers + 2 dev
systems to allow for upgrades (and pre-testing of upgrades!)
since 2.x came out we can lose 2 service boxes and the 3rd can
handle the load (pre 2.x we needed 2 up)

alan