EAP-TLS

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jan 7 18:38:36 CET 2009

Brian Ertel wrote:
> I've modified the eap.conf, clients.conf, and users respectfully but am
> getting the below error when started radius:

  You have edited *too much*.

> Module: Loaded eap
>  eap: default_eap_type = "tls"
>  eap: timer_expire = 60
>  eap: ignore_unknown_eap_types = no
>  eap: cisco_accounting_username_bug = no
> rlm_eap: No EAP type configured, module cannot do anything.

  Because you deleted almost everything from the eap.conf file.  Why?

> The following are the config's I made.  Please let me know if you see
> anything that needs to change just to get radius start.
>
> eap.conf
>
> default_eap_type =tls
>  tls {

  This is wrong.  See the *default* eap.conf for why.

> DEFAULT Auth-Type :=EAP

  The text you deleted in eap.conf says that you should NOT set Auth-Type.

  Start with the default eap.conf, and make MINOR edits.  Read "man
radiusd.conf" to see how the configuration file syntax works.