Framed-IP-Address override NAS pool?

up at 3.am up at 3.am
Wed Jan 7 22:18:48 CET 2009

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009, Jeff Crowe wrote:

> I was running into this problem on my Redback. The issue was the Redback
> wanted an IP address in the same subnet so I had to setup 192.168.1.1/24 as
> a sub interface to allow subscribers to be assigned addresses in the
> 192.168.1.x/24 range.  My Shasta was completely different and would allow
> any IP address to be returned via radius and it would allow the IP to be
> used.

Ok, I just tried assigning a secondary IP from that subnet to faste0/0,
since I can't assign secondary IPs to the VirtualTemplate I/F, since it's
IP unnumbered eth0/0.  No go.  What I would expect from the Cisco, judging
from my past experience with AS5200s, is for it to allow radius to assign
whatever address it wants, but simply not route it until I fix that part
of it, which is fine.

One fix I would think would start to work would be to simply add this new
subnet to the pool on the Cisco.  However, then the DEFAULT users would
start to assign from that pool as well, unless I figure out a way to force
it to assign from the first subnet.  If there's a way to force that, I'd
appreciate pointers.  I saw the "ippool" option, but I'm not clear how
that co-exists with the pool already configured on the Cisco.  Perhaps you
need both, it's just not clear to me.

up at 3.am							    http://3.am