Using checkval for Call Routing with Sippy B2BUA

Tobias Wolf tobias.wolf at evision.de
Thu Jan 8 18:23:50 CET 2009

Alan DeKok schrieb:
> Tobias Wolf wrote:
>> i am using FreeRadius 1.1.3 and want to use it for Call Routing.
>
>   Upgrade to 2.1.3.

I  think i will do this ;)

>> If i have only one Called-Station-Id in the check pairs line, i get the
>> Access-Accept with the reply data.
>>
>> But since one route can have a lot of numbers i need to be able to have
>> several Called-Station-Id Entrys. From the description of the checkval
>> attribute it appeared to me the correct solution.
>
>   2.1.3 has expanded capabilities that make this configuration much easier.

Can you please, give me a pointer to this "expanded capabilties"? I have studied
the Wiki for freeswitch for a solution how to implement the configuration i have
in mind, and all i have found was the solution with checkval.

>> How can this be solved with Freeradius ?
>
>   Upgrade, and parameterize the policies.

I think i do not quite get what is a policy for you. An Entry in the Users File,
maybe?

>> The Radius Server will have the information what numbers are associated
>> with a certain end user and to which sip server a call have to be sent.
>
>   How is this information stored and managed?  A database?  Flat-text files?

For the beginning i planned to start with text files, since i will not have many
numbers and users to manage, but later to switch to a database.

Many thanks to all the helpful suggestions ;)

Regards,

--

   Tobias Wolf

   Leiter Softwareentwicklung / Kommunikationslösungen

   Evision GmbH

   Wittekindstr. 105

   44139 Dortmund

   Tel: +49 (0)231 - 47790 307

   Fax: +49 (0)231 - 47790 500

   http://www.evision.de

This electronic mail transmission and any accompanying attachments
contain confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above. Any dissemination, distribution,
copying or action taken in reliance on the contents of this
communication by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error
please immediately delete the E-mail and notify the sender at the
above E-mail address. Thank you.
Hövener & Trapp Evision GmbH, Dortmund - HRB Nr.12477, Registergericht Dortmund
- Geschäftsführer Christoph Begall