Disconnect packet

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jan 12 11:51:29 CET 2009

Johan Meiring wrote:
> Ok no replies.... I'm sure it so ugly that nobody's even interested.

  Or busy.

> Final question.
>
> Instead of hacking auth.c to return DISCONNECT_NAK/_ACK instead of
> ACCESS_ACK/_REJECT.
>
> Is there any way to force the return packet type (i.e. value that ends
> up in request->reply->code) to be a different packet type using rlm-perl?

  Not really.  The code is pretty much hard-coded to dealing with
access-request packets, and responding with access-accept/challenge/reject.

  This hack *will* work for you... but is definitely not recommended for
wider use.

  A better approach is to integrate CoA functionality into the server so
that it's *different* from Access-Request handling.