3gpp2 parameter starts with '\0'

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jan 12 14:16:13 CET 2009

Bjørn Mork wrote:
> Yes, it would be.  However, the document Huawei refers to does not state
> this.

  Ok.  So I *won't* change the dictionaries.

> I don't think footnote d leaves any doubt wrt the format of this
> attribute.  The \0 prepending seems to be a Huawei invention.

  Yes.

  I think this sort of thing will be easier once the RADIUS "Design
Guidelines" document is published.  It will be easier to point to that,
and claim that the vendors are doing something not recommended.

  Hmm... I'll have to add some text to the document mentioning this kind
of thing (binary+ASCII data in a field), and point out that it's dumb.

  So we can thank Huawei for causing the RADIUS specifications to be
updated, so that they say the Huawei behavior is wrong. :)