Centralized authentication

Johan Meiring jmeiring at pcservices.co.za
Tue Jan 13 15:39:29 CET 2009

scouf scouf wrote:
> Thanks for your response.
>
> But since I'm not familiar with these technologies, I would've liked if
> anybody has a howto to set up the configuration..
>
> And since I'm using an OpenLDAP server a base for users account, I was
> wondering should be stored users' password in the LDAP server if clients
> are using PAP/CHAP-like mechanisms. And how could I reset passwords on
> these technologies, whereas the password is stored in the LDAP server.

scouf scouf,

basically install freeradius and read through every file in
/etc/freeradius ........

Alan,

I've been monitoring the list for a while, and a lot of people don't
understand that the configuration files is VERY well documented....

Basically the configuration files is also a log of the documentation.
(I new NOTHING about radius before I started.  I simply read though ALL
the files in /etc/freeradius, and it helped a LOT).

Might be worth it to mention that in the documentation section on the
download page....

--

Johan Meiring
Cape PC Services CC