problem with ip_pools -- revisited

Marco C. Coelho maillist1 at argontech.net
Thu Jan 15 20:43:54 CET 2009

Ok here's where I'm at now:

I added a second IP Pool  in my radius.conf.  If I create a user account
with a group that only lists that new IP Pool (main_pool2), I get an
address in that pool.  The problem is when I have a user in a group that
uses both pools (main_pool and main_pool2), when the first pool runs out
of IP addresses, the second pool does not get used.

Below are all sections of the radius.conf that I've got the pools called
out.

any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Help!

Marco

 ippool main_pool {

    #  range-start,range-stop: The start and end ip
    #  addresses for the ip pool
    range-start = 44.202.227.1
    range-stop = 44.202.229.254

    #  netmask: The network mask used for the ip's
    netmask = 255.255.255.0

    #  cache-size: The gdbm cache size for the db
    #  files. Should be equal to the number of ip's
    #  available in the ip pool
    cache-size = 762

    # session-db: The main db file used to allocate ip's to clients
    session-db = ${raddbdir}/db.ippool

    # ip-index: Helper db index file used in multilink
    ip-index = ${raddbdir}/db.ipindex

    # override: Will this ippool override a Framed-IP-Address already set
    override = no

    # maximum-timeout: If not zero specifies the maximum time in seconds an
    # entry may be active. Default: 0
    maximum-timeout = 0
  }

  ippool main_pool2 {

    #  range-start,range-stop: The start and end ip
    #  addresses for the ip pool
    range-start = 44.202.237.1
    range-stop = 44.202.239.254

    #  netmask: The network mask used for the ip's
    netmask = 255.255.255.0

    #  cache-size: The gdbm cache size for the db
    #  files. Should be equal to the number of ip's
    #  available in the ip pool
    cache-size = 762

    # session-db: The main db file used to allocate ip's to clients
    session-db = ${raddbdir}/db.ippool2

    # ip-index: Helper db index file used in multilink
    ip-index = ${raddbdir}/db.ipindex2

    # override: Will this ippool override a Framed-IP-Address already set
    override = no

    # maximum-timeout: If not zero specifies the maximum time in seconds an
    # entry may be active. Default: 0
    maximum-timeout = 0
  }

accounting {