service deactivation with radclient

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Fri Jan 16 20:52:31 CET 2009

"janardhan madabattula" <janardhan236 at gmail.com> writes:

> I tried to deactivate or disable the active service/attribute on a active
> subscriber, but I failed to do it. I used differnt options to remove the
> active service like setting the null string etc.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to deactive a service on a active sub.
>
> Here is the example, I am doing
>
> radclient -f coa-file1 10.18.20.122:3799 coa test
>
> I tried differnt options in COA-file
> coa-file1 content:
>
> User-Name = "test at local"
> Qos-Policy-Metering ="" (current this policy is active and I want to disable
> it)
>
> User-Name = "test at local"
> Deactivate-Service = "QOS-Policy-Metering"

The exact attribute requirements depends on your NAS (see its
documentation).  You usually need some attribute identifying the
session.  A user may have multiple sessions.

E.g. on an ERX you'll use either Acct-Session-Id or Framed-IP-Address to
specify the session.  User-Name is optional, but AFAIK it must match if
used.

Bjørn