regular expression problem on 2.1.3

Tim Lightfoot Tim.Lightfoot at sota.co.uk
Sun Jan 25 02:20:27 CET 2009

Thanks for suggestions on this, i will be looking into unlang...

I reverted my Radius box to 2.0.5 and did some digging into this problem
on another server.

It seems to be fail at line 83 of valuepair.c compiling the regular
expression.

		/*
		 *	Include substring matches.
		 */
		compare = regcomp(&reg, (char *)check->vp_strvalue,
REG_EXTENDED);
		if (compare != 0) {
			char buffer[256];
			regerror(compare, &reg, buffer, sizeof(buffer));

			RDEBUG("Invalid regular expression %s: %s",
check->vp_strvalue, buffer);
			return -1;

The debug output "Invalid regular expression : empty (sub)expression"
should show the contenst of the regex being passed to regcomp, it
appears as if check->vp_strvalue is an empty string, where it should
contain the regular expression, hence the failure in regcomp. In 2.0.5
values do get through in check->vp_strvalue.

Tim