Seg Fault - Not much info..

Thor jagintesvenska at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 26 00:58:08 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm running Freeradius 2.1.3 on my Ubuntu 8.04 machine. Basically, my
setup is a VPN system linked to freeradius via a specialized plugin.

Before I updated my freeradius (from the old 1.x), everything was
working fine. Now that I have updated to 2.1.3, I can't seem to get it
working again.

Taking the VPN and plugin out of the mix, I run my freeradius in -X
mode, then send a 'radtest' authentication packet. The freeradius server
receives the request:

    rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1 port 46625,
    id=69, length=93
            User-Name = "test"
            User-Password = "test"
            NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.1.1
            NAS-Port = 1812

Then, straight away I am faced with:

    +- entering group authorize {...}
    Segmentation fault

This is all the info that I am receiving from the freeradius server -
and not being very knowledgeable on freeradius - I am pretty stumped as
to what my problem is.

I have had a glance around the 'authorize' section, and it contains:

    authorize {

            preprocess
        #  auth_log
            chap
            mschap
        #  digest
        #  IPASS
            suffix
        #  ntdomain
        #  eap {
        #     ok = return
        #  }
        #  unix
        #  files
            sql
        #  etc_smbpasswd
        #  ldap
        #  daily
        #  checkval
        #   expiration
        #  logintime
            pap
        #    Auth-Type Status-Server {
        #
        #    }

    }

which is exactly as it was on my old version.

Any ideas?

Thanks.