2.1.3 first start error

Luciano Afranllie listas.luafran at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 12:57:38 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 9:51 AM, hege <hegedus.gabor at euroway.hu> wrote:
> Hi
> I have installed the freeradius 2.1.3 from source, and
> and get this error, on first start:
>
> radiusd: error while loading shared libraries:
> libfreeradius-radius-2.1.3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
> or directory
>
> what is the problem.

You need to tell the OS where to look for shared libraries.

You need to do something like this (I am assuming
libfreeradius-radius-2.1.3.so is located in /usr/local/lib)

export LD_LIBARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib

If you want this change to be permanent, add the path to
/etc/ld.so.conf for example. Check man ld

Regards
Luciano