Inner identity in accounting logs

Jonathan Gazeley jonathan.gazeley at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Jan 30 15:36:56 CET 2009

I'm running FreeRADIUS 2.1.1.

My config block in the post-auth section of the  inner-tunnel server
currently reads:

        update outer.reply {
                User-Name := "testing-%{User-Name}"
        }

FR does indeed appear to be using this block:

    expand: testing-%{User-Name} -> testing-jg4461
++[outer.reply] returns ok

Authenticating with outer ID "qwerty99" and inner ID "jg4461" gives
output as in the attached log, included to give context. The outer
server is "uobresnet" and the inner one is still called "inner-tunnel".

So it seems to me like FR is doing what it is being asked to do, but
maybe this isn't the right thing. Previous tests showed that setting the
outer ID in the "uobresnet" server does make the NAS use the right username.

If anyone can shed any light on this, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,
Jonathan