Certificate-based client side authentication towards a website with freeradius

Martin Schneider martincschneider at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 1 18:21:11 CEST 2009

I think I need to clarify my question a little:

>> we're trying to setup a freeradius / apache installation that allows
>> us to authenticate and authorize users with *certificates* towards a
>> website.

We want to have *multiple* services, not only just one service. If we
would only have one service, we could of cause use certificate
revocation lists, as Ivan Kalik suggested in a mail to me.

So, we first want to authenticate the user and later authorize him for
finding out, if she has the rights to access the desired service.

Best regards,
M.