Can?t bring it to work on Centos 5.2...

Mike freerad at reproheinatz.de
Fri Jul 3 12:40:21 CEST 2009

Nicolas Goutte schrieb:

> Am 03.07.2009 um 12:24 schrieb Mike:
>
>> Dear list,
>> after 4 days of work and lots of google searches I?m really in the
>> need for some help!
>> My Setup:
>> A Centos 5.2 x86_64 box, running source installations of postfix 2.5.x
>> and Dovecot Imap with domain and users stored in mysql, all with tls
>> enabled. Edimax AccessPoint 7206PDg
>> My goal:
>> Allowing User authentication for iPhone and Macs with user/password
>> My current Setup:
>> <http://www.howtoforge.com/wifi-authentication-accounting-with-freeradius-on-centos5>
>>

>> I?ve followed this as far as possible. Only one difference: I did
>> build freeradius 1.1.7 from source in the lag of a rpm-package. I?ve
>> configured with "./configure --libdir=/usr/lib64". While it only
>> complains about some missing oracle odbc and other sql stuff and I
>> don?t want to use sql I don?t think that this will cause any problems.
>

> Ok I think I will ask the question, which otherwise will be asked by
> someone else.
>
> If you have compiled from source, is there a reason why you have not
> used any new version (2.1.6), probably to have less work with the
> configuration?

was my first shot. But I had to quit it after I found out that 2.1.6
seems to require a newer version of openssl. While this openssl
installation is also used by postfix and dovecot I didn´t want to take
the risk of side effects when updating the openssl installation. It only
took 1,5 days to figure out this... I also had this setup at a point
where the radtest on the local box works but radiusd wasn´t able to find
the user when it did come over the access point.