User_Role configuration in freeRadius Users file

kpani dhandu_k at yahoo.co.in
Fri Jul 3 17:25:33 CEST 2009

Thanks Ivan. Sorry it was late response. I was out for sometime.

Just want to make sure that the comments in raddb/dictionary says 'If you
want to add entries to the dictionary file, which are NOT going to be placed
in a RADIUS packet, add them here'. So am I right adding it here?
Anyway I tried adding the new attribute in raddb/dictionary. There is no
error in client now but the client is not receiving/parsing the new
attribute and value. Sorry, how do I add custom attribute in client
directory. I could not find any provision to add custom attributes in
jradius client side. Please help me.

Also, I could see there are some vendor specific dictionary files like
dictionary.juniper. I have defined my own called 'dictionary.test with this
custom attribute and included the dictionary in
/usr/local/share/freeradius/dictionary but results in same exception. Please
advise.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Dhandapani