freeradius active directory integration fails with "no such realm"

Andrei-Florian Staicu andrei.staicu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 13:28:48 CEST 2009

Ivan Kalik wrote:
>> One thing stands out though in the output of freeradius -X (only after
>> changing the order of suffix and ntdomain in sites-available/default and
>> radiusd.conf:
>> ++[mschap] returns noop
>> rlm_realm: Looking up realm "IPSO0" for User-Name = "IPSO0\andrei.staicu"
>> rlm_realm: No such realm "IPSO0"
>> ++[ntdomain] returns noop
>> rlm_realm: No '@' in User-Name = "IPSO0\andrei.staicu", looking up realm
>> NULL
>> rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
>>
>> IPSO0 is the realm name for the domain ipso.biz (not the public site;
>> this is internal and resolved as such by our dns)
>> I've tried for about two weeks now, but i still have no ideea on how to
>> define the realm IPSO0.
>>

> Look at proxy.conf.
>
> Ivan Kalik
> Kalik Informatika ISP

Hello again

I tried defining the realm IPSO0 (probably wrong) and i see the requests
being proxied to it, but it finally failes with Login incorrect (Home
Server says so): [IPSO0\\andrei.staicu/<no User-Password attribute>]
I put the output here http://pastebin.com/m516967e2 , should it help.
All i see in the output is ++[mschap] returns noop. Should the module
"do" something before failing?

Thanks