Fallback LDAP Attribute Value

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Wed Jul 8 10:55:23 CEST 2009

> On 7/7/09 17:01, Ivan Kalik wrote:
>> Yes.
>>
>> if(((!reply:...) || (reply:... = "")) && Huntgroup-Name = "whatever")
>
> This works for those users that have the attribute set as a fallback
> measure but how do I stop it from returning the attribute when it was
> retrieved from LDAP, again I only want this attribute to be returned
> when the are calling from a particular huntgroup.
>
> So the scenario is - if they are calling from huntgroup "ciscoswitches"
> then we return the attributes either the value from LDAP for the VLAN or
> the fallback value from the post auth, if they are not calling from the
> huntgroup then don't return these attributes.

If I understand you well:

if(Huntgroup-Name == "ciscoswitches") {
     if((!reply:...) || (reply:... = "")) {
          update reply {
               Tunnel-Private-Group-ID = "666"
else {
     update reply {
          Tunnel-Private-Group-ID -= "%{reply:Tunnel-Private-Group-ID}"

Extra bit will remove VLAN ID assigned from ldap for those not in
ciscoswitches huntgroup.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP