Freeradius 2.1.6: LDAP connect

Anja Ruckdaeschel Anja.Ruckdaeschel at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Wed Jul 8 12:20:51 CEST 2009

Hello there!

Hope you can help.
I´m running freeradius 2.1.6 on sles 11 and do LDAP-Authentificaiton on
Radius.
EAP/TTLS with cleartext-password against ldap works fine.
PEAP/MSCHAP with universal password retrieval works fine.
Ldap-Groups work fine.
Load-Balancing with multiple ldap-servers also work fine.

The only problem is: From time to time! the radius-debug fpr rlm_ldap says:

rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Checking Id: 0
rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Got Id: 0
rlm_ldap: performing search in c=de, with filter
(&(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)(uid=abc12345))
rlm_ldap: object not found

So, radius doesn´t know the dn and can´t go on. The difference between other
ldap searches and the one with this error
is, that there is no new connect to the ldap-server and no new bind. Also,
this never happens with the first access-request.
Besides: A trace on my ldap servers shows no communication in that case
(looks
like radius doesntt ask after all) ... and: same problem appears with
freeradius 2.1.1.

Any ideas...???
Thank you very much...

Kind regards