EAP+PEAP SQL + MAC AUTH?

Son Gus songooze at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 9 16:43:15 CEST 2009

Hello guys! I was hoping you could help me with something its been troubling me the last two days. Im using a freeradius to authtenticate users on a WPA-Enterprise enviroment. What i would like to do now is to add another layer of security matching the MAC address of the user as well the user+password.  The user and password thing is working without a problem, but i dont quite understand what is the way (or the best way) to accomplish the MAC thing.

Google says that i could use Calling-Station-id , so what i do is i create a Group and attach Calling-Station-id as a check item and put the MAC i want for that user to match but the user gets into the network no matter what MAC he has.

I can see the calling-station-id coming from the NAS in the debug mode but doesnt seem to be checked.

As an alternative i tried to use checkval. I add the checkval module on authorize.. and  then where do i put the calling-station-id item?

The questions are then:

For the group to work, should i put another atribute apart from the calling-station-id for the check? Like the thing you do for Dynamic VLAN assignment...

Whats the best/easiest way to accomplish this? checkval or using the attribute directly?

I use freeradius 2.1.0 and daloradius. Users r stored in an sql database.

Thanks in advance.