Failed to find module "sql" Error

Deepak d88pak at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 09:51:10 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I am newbie trying to make freeradius work with mysql and daloradius.

First my system info:
===================
OS: CentOS 5.3
mysql: 5.0.45 came with CentOS installation
freeRadius: version freeradius2-2.1.6-2 (tried to install via yum but
yum rejected telling that package is not signed so I went to rpm
installation method, which worked fine
daloRadius: version daloradius-0.9-8

I used the schema from daloradius : fr2-mysql-daloradius-and-freeradius.sql
====================

Tested freeradius in debug mode and went fine.

Now there are few things which is not clear to me is:
what conf files I need to modify?
What I understand is if I am using user information in mysql database,
I don't need to touch "users" right?

This is what I did:
changed the "sql.conf" to change the user, password and db settings
plus made "readclients = yes"

and modified the "sites-enabled/default" file and unchecked the sql
sections in authorize, session and post-auth

now when I try to start the radiusd -X, it won't start with following
Error message

/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[161]: Failed to find module "sql".
/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[62]: Errors parsing authorize section.
Errors initializing modules

I check the modules directory and didn't find anything called "sql"

At this point I don't know what I am doing. I am following a tutorial.
So what is this sites-enabled thing is all about? plus

What am I missing?

Any suggestion highly appreciated