How to control users traffic ?

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Sat Jul 11 11:11:29 CEST 2009

On Sat, 2009-07-11 at 12:29 +0430, Eric wrote:
> The NAS server is poptop vpn server. It seems that pppd can support
> Session-Octets-Limit.
> How can freeradius send  Session-Octets-Limit instead of
> Session-Timeout in auth-reply?
>

> On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Eric <bbahar3 at gmail.com> wrote:
>         Hi,
>         Which is conventional way for checking online users traffic
>         volume  and disconnecting who reach to the limit of every user
>         in freeradius:
>         1- using acct-interim packets  to update output or input
>         octets in sql and if user reach to the max of its accounting
>         permission disconnect him/her.(Is there any patch to do
>         this ?)

I do this.
Whenever an interim accounting packet comes in - I also set an extra
field (new_data=1) on that row of data.
>From 'cron' (every 10 mins) - I run a script looking for accounting
packets with that flag (new_data==1) set - and update those customers
records accordingly - clearing the (new_data=0) flag.
If a customer is over their data limit - I send a PoD (Packet of
Disconnect. Next time they try and validate - I restrict them
accordingly.

--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - Sth Africa.  e.164 VOIP ready
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, Cisco CCIE