Invalid octet string Error

Deepak d88pak at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 14:03:54 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have a user with "Max-All-Session" attribute set to 3600. When
trying to connect, server is rejecting the user with following error

===========
rlm_sql: Failed to create the pair: Invalid octet string "3600" for
attribute name "Max-All-Session"
rlm_sql (sql): Error getting data from database
[sql] SQL query error; rejecting user
=============

What is this error means and how to solve this?

Other related questions:
=====
1. What is the measurement value for "Max-All-Session"? Seconds?
2. I tried searching the wiki relating to this and found some
instructions about creating sqlcounter.conf at
http://wiki.freeradius.org/Rlm_sqlcounter. I am using current version
of freeradius 2.1.6 so Do I have to go through these steps? I am
asking this because I found the "counter.conf" in
/etc/raddb/sql/mysql/ which seems to be similar to what is in wiki.

This is a newbie question, so please be patient with me. I did few
mispost in daloradius forum recently expecting the answer about
freeradius.

Thanks