Invalid octet string Error

Deepak d88pak at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 14:31:41 CEST 2009

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 8:03 PM, Deepak<d88pak at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a user with "Max-All-Session" attribute set to 3600. When
> trying to connect, server is rejecting the user with following error
>
> ===========
> rlm_sql: Failed to create the pair: Invalid octet string "3600" for
> attribute name "Max-All-Session"
> rlm_sql (sql): Error getting data from database
> [sql] SQL query error; rejecting user
> =============
>
> What is this error means and how to solve this?
>
> Other related questions:
> =====
> 1. What is the measurement value for "Max-All-Session"? Seconds?
> 2. I tried searching the wiki relating to this and found some
> instructions about creating sqlcounter.conf at
> http://wiki.freeradius.org/Rlm_sqlcounter. I am using current version
> of freeradius 2.1.6 so Do I have to go through these steps? I am
> asking this because I found the "counter.conf" in
> /etc/raddb/sql/mysql/ which seems to be similar to what is in wiki.
>
> This is a newbie question, so please be patient with me. I did few
> mispost in daloradius forum recently expecting the answer about
> freeradius.
>
> Thanks

after some googling I found out that Max-All-Session attribute have to
be in dictionary so I added in dictionary file and all went well.

But I still need answer on sqlcounter.conf  Can freeradius 2 do
accounting based on Max-All-Session by default ( I already enabled the
accounting via sql)? or i have to follow the instruction based on the
wiki I mentioned earlier?

Thanks again