How to control users traffic ?

Eric bbahar3 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 09:04:40 CEST 2009

I set  reply-name = Session-Octets-Limit in sqlcounter
but freeradius sends Seesion-Timeout in reply with value equal to  the
deduct of octets used until now from  check-name = Max-Input-Octets.
How should change the session-timeout to  Session-Octets-Limit in
auth-reply?

 what does Session-Octets-Limit exactly do?

I have no idea. It's an attribute *you* wanted to use. As a guess, it
limits number of octets for the session.

> How it is related to counters?

You would configure it as a reply-name.

> I thought freeradius sends a value(is defined in
> DEFAULT) to the NAS and NAS limits users traffic
> to this value in each session.

That's without counters. If you use counter, you place check-name
attribute-value pair in users (or as DEFAULT) entry. On connection attempt
freeradius will count usage so far, deduct it from the limit (check-name
attribute value) and pace the reminder as a value for reply-name
attribute.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP