make install without messing with previous configuration?

Nicolas Goutte nicolas.goutte at extragroup.de
Wed Jul 15 10:02:57 CEST 2009

Am 15.07.2009 um 09:53 schrieb Stefan Winter:

> Hi,
>
>> I do not know how to do it at compile time but you can do it at
>> runtime by specifing -d your_directory to radiusd.
>>
>> So perhaps a make install will install many configuration files but
>> not where *your* configuration is.
>
> Yes, I considered pointing --with-raddb-dir=/tmp/trash or so. But I

I am not sure but does that mean that the binary that you create would
point to that directory too. So in that case, you would have to
specify the real directory at runtime too.

> don't want a one-time installation problem to require attention
> whenever
> I run the service in the future. It is then something to remember
> constantly (and to document for on-duty personnel etc. ...), only to
> fix
> a single-shot problem. It just doesn't sound right to me.

Yes, I had not seen it from that point of view.

> Greetings,

Have a nice day!

> Stefan
>
> --
> Stefan WINTER
> Ingenieur de Recherche
> Fondation RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale
> et de la Recherche
> 6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
> L-1359 Luxembourg
>
> Tel: +352 424409 1
> Fax: +352 422473
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Nicolas Goutte

extragroup GmbH - Karlsruhe
Waldstr. 49
76133 Karlsruhe
Germany

Geschäftsführer: Stephan Mönninghoff, Hans Martin Kern, Tilman Haerdle
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Münster / HRB: 5624
Steuer Nr.: 337/5903/0421 / UstID: DE 204607841