wpa2-psk and radiusd possible?

Stefan Jensen sjensen at versanet.de
Wed Jul 15 18:16:30 CEST 2009

Hi,...

i'm pretty new to radiusd, so this may be a dump question. :-)

Is it possible to use something like MAC-based WPA2-PSK's to-
gether with radiusd?

I have used a single "hostapd" installation as AP, configured
with unique WPA2-PSK's for each MAC-Addr that should have access.
(which prevents trading the PSK)

Now i want extend our network with a couple of Linksys Router, so
I've installed radiusd and got EAP,PEAP,802.1X to work so far.

But my users find it complicated to mess around with the Certs, so
i decided to use the same PSK on all NAS-Clients (dd-wrt) and
only doing MAC-Auth with radiusd.

Is there a way to have different PSK's for every MAC? I bed, it is
not a job for radius and maybe a complete wrong concept?

best regards

stefan

PS: sorry for bad english ;-)
--