radius.log permissions issue

Philip Molter hrunting at hrunting.org
Thu Jul 16 14:12:03 CEST 2009

On Jul 16, 2009, at 4:03 AM, A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Is this a known bug?  Is there a workaround other than creating the
>> file
>> by hand and setting its ownership before starting freeradius?
>
> ?? how are you starting this server  - the file/directory should be
> radiusd:radiusd
> and when run it will do the 'correct thing'

/usr/sbin/radiusd -d /etc/raddb as user root.  As posted before, the
config file has directives to switch to user radiusd and group radiusd

The directory has the proper permissions, but the radius.log file
doesn't exist.  When the radiusd program starts up, it creates the
radius.log file in the proper directory, but the file has 0640
permissions owned by user root, group radiusd.

I know that it SHOULD BE radiusd:radiusd.  It is not doing the
"correct thing".