chase_referrals and rebind in 2.1.6

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jul 17 19:25:39 CEST 2009

Wegener, Norbert wrote:
> I am having some problems with an AD and FreeRADIUS. rlm_ldap debug lets me assume that there might be a relation to chase_referrals and rebind.
> According to the Changelog there have been changes regarding this in 2.1.6:
>
> Added "chase_referrals" and "rebind" configuration to rlm_ldap. This helps with Active Directory. See raddb/modules/ldap

  They are available, but not enabled in 2.1.6.

> Unfortunately I do not find anything about it in that file.

  Err... yes.  That was missed.

> What options might be configured for chase_referrals and rebind?

  From the documentation in 2.1.7:

	#
	#  The following two configuration items are for Active Directory
	#  compatibility.  If you see the helpful "operations error"
	#  being returned to the LDAP module, uncomment the next
	#  two lines.
	#
	# chase_referrals = yes
	# rebind = yes