Alternate server certificate

Garber, Neal Neal.Garber at energyeast.com
Mon Jul 20 19:17:20 CEST 2009

We have Access Points that contain multiple SSIDs.  Some are for internal use and some are for guest access.  All are secured using WPA w/PEAP.  I would like FreeRadius to present a cert. from our internal CA for the SSIDs that are internal and present a cert. from one of the CA's that Windows trusts by default for guest access.  I haven't found a way to control this on the AP (i.e., to select a different RADIUS server address or port based upon SSID).  Is it possible to accomplish this in FreeRadius given that I can determine the SSID by looking at a request attribute?

Some ideas I have are:

- Have two instances of the EAP module (one for internal SSIDs and one for guest) and select which one to use with some unlang code (based upon the value of 1 request attribute)
- Create a virtual server for guest access that uses an EAP module with the cert. from the well-known CA

Will either or both of the above work?  Is there a better way?  We plan to convert our guest access to a captive portal, but it won't be ready for a while.

Thank you for your assistance.