simultaneous checking

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Tue Jul 21 20:13:43 CEST 2009

> I finally found out why the changes were made.  When doing a "AAA" test
> from the E120 with the default dialup.conf and with simultaneous
> checking enabled, radacct would show three entries for that same
> session. Two would show the acctstoptime as NULL, and the third entry
> would show the actual acct stop time.

That shouldn't happen with default queries.

> The changes "worked" in that afterwards only one update would be made to
> radacct.  However, I don't believe simultaneous checking was actually
> working - the changes just resolved the issue of multiple records for
> the same session.
>
> So, why are there multiple records for the same session being created in
> radacct at all?  We obviously have something misconfigured, but I can't
> put my finger on it.

Hard to say. Are those queries running on the server or has your mailer or
editor cut off parts of them? Those in the debug shouldn't run at all.

I can see that updates and stop packets run both update and insert (alt)
queries. That would mean that update didn't match any records. There might
be issues with mysql safe characters in your acct id:

> 	Acct-Session-Id = "erx atm 2/0.42:100.412:0001049285"

Have a look and see what is actually in the database.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP