Multiple AD's and domains?

Justin Steward althalus87 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 02:03:49 CEST 2009

Hi Guys,

I have an upcoming project where the setup is going to be something along
the following:

Client logs in using their username/password for domain
FreeRadius authenticates the user against the AD server for that domain
There will be clients using the service from MULTIPLE different AD domains
with multiple different AD servers.
The freeRadius version will be built from the latest stable source.

Now, the stock standard way of authenticating against AD is using samba,
joining the domain, and using NTLM Auth. Since I have multiple AD domains,
how would this best be handled?

I know that PHP is capable of using LDAP to authenticate against an AD
server. Can freeRadius also do this? How, or why not?

Thanks,
~Justin