:=, == and =

Rakotomandimby Mihamina mihamina at gulfsat.mg
Fri Jul 24 10:14:55 CEST 2009

Hi all,
In a users file, I have for example:

# DEFAULT        Group == "disabled", Auth-Type := Reject
#                Reply-Message = "Your account has been disabled."
# [...]
# steve  Cleartext-Password := "testing"
#        Service-Type = Framed-User,
#        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
#        Framed-IP-Address = 172.16.3.33,
#        Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.0,
#        Framed-Routing = Broadcast-Listen,
#        Framed-Filter-Id = "std.ppp",
#        Framed-MTU = 1500,
#        Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobsen-TCP-IP

I have a few questions, and I am looking for the place they are documented.
I dont have all the technical terms yet to make an efficient search.

- what is the difference between ':=', '==' and '='
- when do/dont I put a comma
- in the DEFAULT, I would like append 'Simultaneous-Use := 1' [1], but what is the syntax if i want multiple DEFAULTSs

After that, I will switch to PG-SQL, and looking at: http://wiki.freeradius.org/SQL_HOWTO, must I have somthing like:

      +----+----------------+--------------------+------------------+------+
      | id | UserName       | Attribute          | Value            | Op   |
      +----+----------------+--------------------+------------------+------+
      |  1 | fredf          | Cleartext-Password | wilma            | :=   |
      |  2 | barney         | Cleartext-Password | betty            | :=   |
      |  2 | dialrouter     | Cleartext-Password | dialup           | :=   |
      |    | fredf          | Simultaneous-Use   | 1                | :=   |
      |    | barney         | Simultaneous-Use   | 1                | :=   |
      |    | dialrouter     | Simultaneous-Use   | 1                | :=   |

In the database?

[1] In order to _help_ the Access controller to forbid simultneous login
--
                             Architecte Informatique:
                                   + 261 32 11 401 65