Radius client configuration issue

Meraj Siddiqui merajs at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 15:31:41 CEST 2009

Yes that I understand.

I think there is some confusion. Let me explain, we have 2 separate machine.
On one machine (Linux), radius server is setup and running independantly. on
this machine, we have made the
changes(/etc/raddb/server/pam_radius_auth.conf )

On another machine, which is client machine (On Solaris), PAM is configured
in SSH. Also, on this machine, we have pam.conf  (/etc/pam.conf) and
sshd_config files where authentication libraries and other properties are
set.

Now, I have to login through my client machine (radius client), and it has
to sent information to linux machine (where radius server's setup is done).
*Per the understanding, Radius server will authenticate user when PAM is
enabled.*
**
But it is not clear, how Radius client (on Solaris machine) knows to
communicate with Radius Server (on Linux machine).

1. Do we configure ip address of Radius server (on linux) at Radius client
(on Solaris machine) ?
2. Do we give username details on Radius server (on linux) machine?

I hope it might help to understand the scenario.

Regards,
Meraj

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 6:07 PM, Ivan Kalik <tnt at kalik.net> wrote:

> > 2) pam_radius_auth.conf is set at radius server (/etc/raddb/server),
> which
> > contains server ip address and secret.
> > But I could not find where radius server ip is configured in radius
> > client.
> > I am not able to find how radius client knows about radius server. Please
> > let me know if I am missing anything.
>
> Yes you have. Just read what you have written.
>
> Ivan Kalik
> Kalik Informatika ISP
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See