rlm_ldap not found

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Jul 29 02:46:22 CEST 2009

On 07/28/2009 08:32 PM, RANDRIAMAMPIONONA José Johnny wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I have a problem concerning my configuration and I am wondering if
> somebody can help me.
> ------------------------------
> *freeradius-server-2.1.6* is installed without warning on* CentOS v5.3*
> ...configured on localhost and tested. Everything's OK.

No it's not.

> When I execute /usr/local/freeradius-server-2.1.6/sbin/radiusd -XXX to
> start(in debug mode) the server it gives the following error:
> *failed to link to module 'rlm_ldap':rlm_ldap.so:cannot open shared
> object file :No such file or directory*

> there are another errors after it but, if this one is solved so
> ...everything ll be ok.
> I am bored and I don't know what to do: I found in another topic that
> I'll have to rebuild and re-install my server ...Is that true?Is there
> another solution?

Most people do not build things correctly on their own, for instance I
strongly suspect you didn't have the necessary development packages
installed before you built and you probably didn't check the warnings
which came from configure which would have told you that.

I suggest you download the pre-built packages for CentOS. They are
described here:

http://wiki.freeradius.org/Red_Hat_FAQ

You probably also should read the FAQ.

--