Captive portal: can I use chap or pap in conjunction with ntlm_auth?

Garber, Neal Neal.Garber at energyeast.com
Wed Jul 29 03:20:50 CEST 2009

> Do you have any ideas about getting chilispot to work with users who
> are retrieved from AD via winbind and ntlm_auth

I don't know Chilispot, but if it can pass a cleartext password, then you can use ntlm_auth in a script to do the authentication.  For other devices that send an A/D user and a cleartext password in User-Password, I use ldap in the authorization section and then:

        Auth-Type ldap {
                perl_ntlm
        }

In the authentication section after ms-chap and eap.  In the script you call ntlm_auth and parse the response.