wrt54g+freeradius+mysql

Steven Carr steven.carr at sunderland.ac.uk
Wed Jul 29 09:27:54 CEST 2009

>  I'm always amazed at the amount of effort people put into destroying
> the default configuration.

>From a newbie point of view the configuration for FreeRADIUS is huge,
and for the most part yes you do leave it alone - so why is this config
visible? remove it/hide it/embed it.

Would it not be worth then looking at how the server is configured on a
whole and moving items that shouldn't be reconfigured into separate
config files, or provide a form of configuration that has a basic "out
of the source" config, but then you create your own config file which is
loaded on top of the base config and if you want to change options you
then override the section you want to change.

You've been around long enough to realise people don't read, they just
want to get on and do, give them 101 config files with lots of options
and they are going to "play", you're probably just as guilty of this
yourself when confronted with new software.

Steve